The West Virginia Chapter of the International Association of Electrical Inspectors welcomes you to our website. We also host a chapter Facebook page which we invite you to follow.
The Chapter would like to invite you to attend our meetings and join the IAEI.
2020 Educational Seminars
The West Virginia Chapter will be holding some Spring Educational Seminars in three locations for your convenience, all on the same topic. Please share the word with IAEI members and non-members alike to help all electricians in our area stay up to code.
Program: 1- & 2-Family Dwelling Electrical Systems, NEC-2017
April 28, 2020 - Fairmont, WV - 7 hours of CEUs
April 30, 2020 - Nitro, WV - 7 hours of CEUs
Times: Registration opens at 7:30 am; Technical sessions run 8:15 am - 4:45 pm
- Fairmont - Knights of Columbus Banquet Hall, 1529 Mary Lou Retton Dr, Fairmont, WV 26554
- Nitro - Holy Trinity Catholic Church, 2219 2nd Avenue, Nitro, WV 25143
- By April 20- $125 for IAEI Members; $150 for non-members
- After April 20- $150 for IAEI Members; $175 for non-members
How to Register: Mail registration form and fee to: WV IAEI, 991 River Road, Morgantown, WV 26501
Download Registration form (PDF)
- International Association of Electrical Inspectors - applicable in WV, PA and MD
- Kentucky Div. of Building Codes Enforcement. No addl. fee. Must notify on registration if requesting.
- Ohio Construction Industry Licensing Board (PENDING). If awarded, will be available for an extra $10.
West Virginia Building Codes
On March 14, 2016 the State of West Virginia legislature voted to adopt the new building code rules package with an effective date of July 1, 2016. The new rules package includes the following 2015 ICC Family of codes which includes the IBC, IRC with the deletion of chapter 11 (Energy Code), IPC, IMC, IFGC, IPMC, 2009 IECC (Residential), 2007 ANSI/ASHRE standard 90.1 (Commercial), 2015 IEBC, 2015 ISPSC, and the 2014 National Electrical Code (NEC) without amendments. This action demonstrates the state Fire Marshal's office as well as the legislature's dedication to electrical and building safety for all citizens of the state. Source: NEMA Code Alert