The Wisconsin Chapter of the International Association of Electrical Inspectors welcomes you to our website.
Wisconsin Chapter IAEI
93rd Annual Meeting/Seminar
May 15 through 17, 2019
Heidel House Resort in Green Lake, WI
You're invited! Everyone in the electrical industry should attend! You won't find a better value elsewhere!
There will be many interesting technical topics presented by some of the most renowned persons from around the country and locally, as well as Code Panel Q & A.
After the daily sessions, meet and mingle with the presenters and other Inspectors and Contractors in our Amazing Hospitality Area to gain insight and make connections. You'll earn 14 CEUs for this three-day event, and the cost-effective fee includes breakfast and breaks each day, lunch and the reception on Wednesday, and lunch and the banquet on Thursday. The Guest program includes breakfast each day, the reception, banquet, and a Thursday tour exploring the area by coach bus that includes lunch and shopping.
Check in Wednesday morning at 9:30 am, with the meeting officially opening at 10:30 am and ending at noon on Friday. Download the event flyer to see tentative schedule and more.
The educational program will include a vendor showcase lunch. Session topics may include these and many others.
- Health Care + 1-2-Family Jeopardy
- Wireless Controls/Daylighting
- Conduit Corrosion Protection
- ARC Coordination and SCCR
- Surge Protection - Is Your Electrical System Safe?
- Safe Install of Alternate Energy / Solar
- Code Panel Q & A
- Generator Transfer Switches
- Wisconsin Code Changes
- Rebuilt Equipment and the UL Guide
- Intertek and Schneider Electric Co. on Field Evaluations and Other Topics
Check back soon - we will firm up and post the final session schedule here!
May Meeting Guest Program
- Coach Bus trip to Alpaca Ranch, Watson Street, Ripon for shopping or view White School House, etc.
- Lunch and tour at Knuth Brewing, Watson Street, Ripon
- Vines & Rushes Winery for tour and tasting
- Thrasher Opera House for art exhibit and tour
- Return to Heidel House
- Dabble Art Studios Make Your Own Painting Class for us at the Heidel House [all materials included]
Heidel House Resort
643 Illinois Ave, Green Lake, WI 54941
Phone: (800) 444-2812 or (920) 294-3344
Room Block: Ask for the WI CHAPTER IAEI rate, $89 for Single. Must call hotel direct before April 23rd for the group rate!
Be sure to register by May 1st to save with Advance pricing and special deals.
New - Easy Online Registration: online registration and payment
(thru May 1)
(starts May 2)
| Member in Good Standing
| Past/Renewing Member
(includes $120 for standard renewal)
| Non-Member (NEW IAEI members
only; $45 discount from standard rate
for 1 year of IAEI membership)
| Guest, Full Program
| Guest, Banquet Only
| Pre-Order a 2017 NEC spiral-bound
code book for only $105
(accepts both credit card and checks
Paper Registration: Print the event flyer and mail the completed registration form with payment to WI IAEI, 4995 S. Racine Ave., New Berlin, WI 53146-3926.
Electrical Code Updates
The Department announced implementation dates for the updated electrical code.
- August 1, 2018: 2017 NEC adopted for commercial structures.
- August 1, 2018: DSPS may begin accepting applications for registration as an electrical inspection agency. More information will be provided in July 2018.
- March 1, 2019: Only registered inspection agencies may provide plan review, permit issuance, or inspections.
- January 1, 2020: 2017 NEC adopted for one- and two-family dwellings.
- January 1, 2020: Statewide requirements for permits and inspections go into effect.
Wisconsin Electrical Advisory Committee
The Wisconsin Electrical Code Advisory Committee has met and Congratulations to Inspector, and our Education Chair, Bill Neitzel for being elected chairman. The committee has looked into the rules for Statewide Electrical Inspections as well as putting forward a revised SPS 316. It looks like we will be going direct to the 2017 edition of the NEC and hope to have adoption by fall of 2018. Anyone with comments or suggestions on items for the new SPS 316 code changes should contact the committee or Bill (BFNeitzel@gmail.com).
+ 2014-08-06 Emergency Rule Registered Master Electricians
+ New Licensing Law
+ Electrical and Lighting Program - Q&A from Winter Updates
Q&A from Fall 2015 Seminars
Download Code Panel Questions and Answers from Fall 2015 Training
9/29/2014 Wisconsin slows updates of building and safety codes
Critics say anti-regulatory bent is driving state’s failure to address potential hazards and adopt money-saving advances. Read more