Item #: 351016 - Hazardous Locations, 4th edition - digital version - based on the NEC® 2017, provides training materials and resources to assist those involved with designing, installing, inspecting and maintaining electrical systems in hazardous (classified) locations.
Hundreds of new and revised color illustrations explain, with accuracy and in detail, the proper use and application of the electrical requirements in these special condition areas.
• Flashpoints, Vapor density, and flammable-combustible materials
• Classification of Hazardous Locations
• Designing Electrical Installations for Hazardous Locations
• Protection Techniques (Types and protection provided)
• Class I, II, and III Locations
• Characteristics of each classification
• Wiring methods, equipment, and materials for each classification
• Special grounding and bonding requirements
• Sealing Conduit How, Why, and Where
• Specific segment on explosion proof electrical equipment (design and use)
• Intrinsically Safe Systems
• Zone Classification Systems
• Specific Hazardous Locations/Occupancies
• Commercial Repair Garages
• Aircraft Hangers
• Motor Fuel Dispensing Facilities
• Bulk Storage Plants and Facilities
• Spray Applications, Dipping, and Coating Processes
• Hazardous Locations in Health Care Facilities
Ultimately, the approval of the classification and design is the responsibility of the AHJ (authority having jurisdiction). This book is offered as a resource to be used with sound judgement based on the specifics of a particular installation.
View sample pages: View PDF pages
Companion training presentation: View Details
Format: Digital PDF
Publisher: International Association of Electrical Inspectors; 4th edition
Publish date: August 1, 2019
MEMBERS MUST SIGN IN TO SEE MEMBER DISCOUNT PRICE.
Discounted member price:
You could save: